Deadline for applications: Thursday, August 25, 2016
Contract: Full time position
Location: Shatilla, Beirut.
- Respond to procurement/logistics requests related to supplies, materials, and other items for project beneficiaries and activities.
- Ensure all procurement requests are completed with all the required information, and maintain a filing system to track open versus closed purchase requests.
- Maintain an efficient inventory system for procured goods and materials, including office equipment.
- Follow donor procurement procedures and regulations for procuring materials and other items, particularly to ensure that all procurements are:
- Fully and transparently documented through purchase requests, purchase orders, request for quotation, Comparative Statements, Bid Analysis, Invoices and Delivery Reports.
- Done in timely and cost effective manner, and at the best value possible, while maintaining product quality.
- When there are procurement delays, develop solutions in consultation with the project team.
- Maintain a database of reliable vendors for supplies, services, and goods.
- Inform supervisor of all market developments and procurement/logistics issues through daily briefings and bi-monthly reports.
- Carry out routine checks to ensure that compound facilities are in good condition for use, and procure maintenance services when needed.
- Manage the inventory of office equipment and ensure its proper maintenance.
- Comply with safety procedures at all times, and contribute to building a strong culture of staff safety in the project.
- Minimum three years of previous experience in a similar position, preferably with an NGO.
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field.
- Specialized training in procurement and/or logistics management.
- Proven ability to train and/or deliver technical assistance in procurement/logistics.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Advanced computer skills, specifically in MS Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Ability to travel to other project implementation locations.
- Excellent interpersonal and oral communication skills.
- mange and supervise the generator periodic maintenance.
- Define / update the rules governing the use of vehicles;
- Develop and introduce vehicle monitoring tools;
- Prepare / verify the vehicle follow-up every month, (fuel synthesis, synthesis of cost per km, synthesis of maintenance cost, synthesis of total cost).
- Supervise the maintenance of the vehicles in link with the drivers, the fuel station, the garage and the rental agencies.
3 to 5 years
Education degree: Bachelor Degree
Field of education: Business Administration or related field Previous work experience in the same field is a must
Arabic: Excellent English: Excellent
Submission guidelines: Applications should include a detailed CV and a cover letter that addresses the applicant's motivation for applying. Please send the application to the following e-mail addresses: firstname.lastname@example.org. Kindly note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted