Finance Officer- EN
Deadline for applications: Friday, August 19, 2016
Contract: Full time position
Location: SHATILA, BEIRUT
Role and Responsibilities
- A) Finance Duties
The finance officer is responsible for applying accepted accounting principles and procedures to analyze financial information, as well as prepare accurate and timely financial reports. The responsibilities of the finance officer will include the following:
- Documenting all finances received and spent in the form of cash and non-cash items
- Overseeing, managing and authorizing all necessary payments of up to 300 dollars maximum.
- Manages procurement and finances as related to donor requirements and Basmeh and Zeitooneh’s internal policies and procedures under the supervision of the Finance Manager.
- Manages payroll, employee attendance, and compliance to attendance policies.
- Monitors all budget lines and ensures compliance with proposed budgets issued by donors/management.
- Assists finance manager in compiling and analyzing accurate financial information to prepare financial reports, including monthly and annual reports, and submits them to Senior Management in a timely fashion
- ensures financial records are maintained in compliance with accepted policies and procedures and donor regulations
- provides accurate and timely monthly and year end close processes
- establishes and monitors the implementation and maintenance of accounting control procedures
- resolves accounting discrepancies and irregularities
- Assist in the preparation of budgets and accounts to donors, as requested.
- Provides any other financial information, as requested, and respond to any other financial queries from Senior Management.
- Assists any audit undertaken within the organization.
- Assists in the continuous development and improvement of the finance system, as necessary.
- B) Administrative
- Manages the purchase, distribution, use and repairs of all office equipment (e.g. computers and photocopier) and vehicles.
- Αssists with negotiating any changes to the property contracts, or improvements to the property, with the landlord.
- Assists the Finance Manager with all administrative filing and records, and archiving.
- Provides support to the office in all other administrative matters.
- C) Logistics
- Organizes for the purchase and delivery of goods to support the office, the projects, and their work.
- Ensures that the offices have access to transportation when necessary.
- Allocates vehicles to tasks by coordinating with Senior Management and Project Managers.
- Receives and distributes goods in a professional manner (count goods in and out, make sure that paperwork is complete).
- Provide support to the office in all other logistical matters.
- An ability to multi-task with exceptional organizational skills
- Superior capability to plan, organize, and manage budgets
- Experience in the preparation of financial reports, and monitoring of budgets
- Ability to manage and ensure compliance of inventory reports and data
- University degree in accounting and finance
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in a non-governmental organization
- Advanced computer skills with extensive experience in accounting software
- Advanced command of the English language, fluency in Arabic
- Competency in writing progress and donor reports.
ALL CANDIDATES MUST BE WILLING TO WORK IN SHATILLA, BEIRUT
- 2 to 3 years
Education degree: Bachelor Degree
Field of education: Degree in Finance/ Accounting or Any other related field.
Arabic: Excellent English: Very Good
Period: one year (renewable)
Submission guidelines: Applications should include a detailed CV and a cover letter that addresses the applicant's motivation for applying. Please send the application to the following e-mail addresses: email@example.com. Kindly note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted