Country Finance Manager
Deadline for applications: Thursday, August 25, 2016
Contract: Full time position
Location: SHATILA, BEIRUT
Functions and Responsibilities:
- Assists in the development and implementation of goals, policies, priorities, and procedures relating to financial management, budget, accounting, and/or payroll.
- Prepares various financial statements, projects budget and reports.
- Directs the installation and maintenance of accounting records to show receipts and expenditures.
- Directs the maintenance of general and subsidiary ledgers, accounts receivable, and operating expenses, and insurance records.
- Prepares statements and reports of estimated future costs and revenues.
- Directs internal audits involving review of accounting and administrative controls.
- Reviews financial statements with management personnel.
- Supervises, coordinates and follows up all financial, accounting and budgeting activities of Basmeh-Zeitooneh/ Lebanon.
- Develops project plans; coordinates projects; communicates changes and progress; completes projects on time and budget; manages project team activities.
- Ensures all financial and management controls are complied with and reports any deviations.
- Prepares the Basmeh-Zeitooneh/Lebanon budgets and cash flows according to related policies and procedures.
- Implements the financial / accounting, administration, and Management Information System policies & procedures.
- Manages the annual, operating and programmatic budgets and minimizes negative deviations.
- Prepares periodic forecasts of funding needs and financial reports.
- Prepares periodic and financial reports and forward summaries.
- Maintains the emergency plan in case of seizure or destruction of financial information.
- Develops and prepares financial studies related to cost minimization, revenue enhancement, human resources, and system applications.
- Ensures meeting all requirements of internal and external audits.
- Maintains grant management procedures.
1- Contracts with suppliers.
2- Coordinates with insurance companies, updates, adapts and renews insurance policies.
3- Undertake any other financial and administrative assignments or duties requested by the Chief Administration Officer.
- A university degree (Master Degree preferred) in Finance.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant program experience in financial analysis and cost accounting.
- Demonstrates capacity to manage the financial and administration responsibilities.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and reporting skills in both languages (Arabic and English).
- Excellent computer skills.
- Sets and achieves challenging goals, demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles.
- Reacts well under pressure; treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; accepts responsibility for own actions; and follows through on commitments.
- Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions; demonstrates group presentation skills; and participates in meetings.
- 5 to 10 years
Education degree: Bachelor Degree Field of education: A university degree (Master Degree preferred) in Finance.
Arabic: Fluent English: Fluent French:
Period: one year (renewable)
Submission guidelines: Applications should include a detailed CV and a cover letter that addresses the applicant's motivation for applying. Please send the application marked "CFM001" to the following e-mail addresses: email@example.com. Kindly note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.